Cory breeds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlover5297

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can anyone tell me which breed of corydoras catfish this is please? And if it would be able to breed with my albino corydoras? And I can't tell which gender any of them are and I've tried every way possible I just can't tell any help would be very appreciated :) ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398081087.371617.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398081105.435559.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398081117.825013.jpg

Its definitely a peppered Cory I have one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Can he breed with my albinos? Because he seems to be following the larger one around and I'm not sure what sex any of them are?

Most albinos are Corydoras aeneus whereas your peppered cory is Corydoras paleatus--different species (not breeds). I'm no cory expert so others can help you with your question better, but I would guess the peppered cory is just hanging out with the albinos because they are meant to be in groups. Interspecies breeding isn't common, but it can happen. You would then get hybrids, probably infertile, but one never knows!

Female corydoras are larger, plumper looking than their male counterparts.

Artist gardener hit the nail on the head. His advice is spot on.

I have bronze, rust, panda, leopard, and bandit in the same tank and have never had interbreeding. I don't know if it's possible, but it's very unlikely that two different species will breed.

Back
Top Bottom