Cory cat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laird-and-Dad

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi! So I've had a Cory in my Betta tank for a while (the reason I only have one in there is because, when I first got him for my planted tank, there was too much co2, so I quickly removed the 4 cories I had originally bought and put them in my Betta tank, and three died within the month. That was a few months ago and I was going to buy new ones this weekend). I woke up this morning to see him on his back and I thought he was dead, but when I went to scoop him up with my net, he started swimming, but kind of not having balance and crashing into things. What should I do to treat this? I was considering euthanasia because he hasn't been completely healthy since I put him into the tank and I've figured he was on his way out for a while now. Any suggestions? I read the sticky thread on euthanasia and am preparing a bowl of half frozen water for the temperature shock method in case I decide to go that route. Should I?

Thanks,
Laird

I'm not sure about how to treat it, but for tropical fish ice water is not a humane method at all. Clove oil is the best option. Sounds like that may be the way to go. What's your water quality though?

I use ice water for smaller fish like the size of your cory...
If it is chilled GOOD they pass in under 7 seconds...

I'm not sure about how to treat it, but for tropical fish ice water is not a humane method at all. Clove oil is the best option. Sounds like that may be the way to go. What's your water quality though?

I've heard that half frozen water, done correctly, is rather painless. Also I don't know where to get clove oil, I couldn't find it at the store.

NH3: 0
NO2-: 0
NO3-: ~25

I use ice water for smaller fish like the size of your cory...
If it is chilled GOOD they pass in under 7 seconds...

Ok thanks. I think that's what I'm gonna do

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom