Cory catfish looked like a chunk got taken out of it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jreidsma

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

Well this happened a couple months ago, but one of my Cory catfish got some weird disease or something. It looked as if something had taken a big chunk out of it's side, almost like a bite or something. But none of it's tank mates could do that and it looked fine the day before.

It ended up dieing because nothing I did helped it, and none of the other fish got it what ever it was. I don't know if it was a disease or what but figured someone on here might know.

There was only it and three other Cory's and three mystery snails. The ammonia was fine, the ph was perfect, everything was good.

It doesn't matter now as it died over three months ago and all of the other fish in that tank are fine and never got it. But I just got curious about what it might have been.

Thanks

There are a lot of things it could have been, bacteria, fungus, bites, scrapes, parasite, etc.
When you say your ammonia is fine, what do you mean? What is the ammonia reading? Also, what are your nitrite and nitrate readings?

The ammonia was at 0 I think, I like to keep it as low as possible and keep my tanks clean. And then I don't remember the nitrates or anything, it's been a while since it happen.

Thanks

Hi,
Sorry I haven't posted in a while.

Ya I know that they are supposed to be 0 thanks though.

They were both good, so at zero and the tank was clean

Back
Top Bottom