Cory doing a barrell roll.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeanMurphy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've got a pepper cory that can't seem to swim straight anymore. His fins all look intact, but he doesn't seem to be able to swim around on the bottom normally. He can lay there, and he seems to be breathing alright, but when he tries to move, like when I touch him or put food in, he swims off in a drunken barrell roll motion, spiraling like a poorly thrown football.

He doesn't have any markings on him to indicate injury, and besides his stagger, doesn't seem to have any other visible symptoms. Anyone have any idea what his problem might be?

I dont know what it could be specificly, but a few months ago one of my bronze cories was similar to ur pepper.

He got better on his own after about a week. The only difference was that mine clearly had been attacked and had damaged fins. Probly was one of my cichlids but that was months ago..

anyway it kinda sounds similar to what ive been reading about lately, swim bladder infection. google swim bladder and read up a bit to see if it seems liek thats wut it is. goldfish are used as examples alot with swim bladder, but i kno other fish can get it and i beleive my jurupari cichlid has it too.

hope this helps and good luck

It sounds like swim bladder problems. Did you test your parameters? What size tank and what are the other inhabitants? Try seeing if he will eat some frozen peas in case of constipation. Depending on the other inhabitants you can try adding some epsom salts.

Back
Top Bottom