Cory injured while gravel vacuuming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pyro9097

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi All,
two nights ago I was doing a water change and one of my cories swam into the vacuum. I freaked out and shook it, causing him to fall out and hit the gravel. Yesterday he seemed fine but today is laying down on the gravel on his side. I can't be sure if it's the same one, but my gut is saying it is. Not even 100% sure he is alive.

I have a separate tank (10g) that I am currently using to qt a pearl gourami, which has been there for 1 week. Should I switch them? Or just use the smaller tank as a hospital/qt?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That doesn't really seem like that big of a deal.

What are you water parameters?

I'd give him time. Look for injuries and if you've got a UV run it for a few days. You could add API Stress Coat. It has Aloe Vera to help him heal.

I'd do a 50% PWC and add the Stress Coat right then.

My cories have gotten injured from mishaps, too, and they have always come out ok.

When stressed they lose color and hang out at the bottom. They ignore the other cory (who want them to play or are checking on them). Also, sometimes after a water change they do a jerking action (like a person with a tick or palsy). It lasts maybe 45 minutes tops.

(Friend of Bill W., One day at a time)

Back
Top Bottom