Cory's acting weird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scotty1301

Aquarium Advice Regular
I purchase 3 bronze corydoras a week a go then I had a ich outbreak luckily all my fish survived it they never come out from behind my drift wood. Any ideas?

i'm no expert but they might just be recovering from the ich. My albino cory lays around most of the day intell i feed it then it is all over the place. From what i understand cory's are noctornel do they move around at night or when your lights are out, and do they eat when you feed them. if so they might be fine but i could be rong anyone else may have better sugestins.

Ray

P.S. please forgive my bad grammer and spelling.

Cory's also do much better in groups of five or more. I have noticed that when kept in singles or small groups that they tend to hide more. It could be a mix of these. If they do not start acting to your liking and don't seem to be sick within another week or two...try adding a couple more to the group.

They could just not feel to well and still be recovering. Also, they do feel more comfotable in groups, adding a few more might help.

In my experience, the more there are the more active they are!
Also what is your water temp? Corys generally prefer it lower I think. I read somewhere 75 is the max they like, so if your temp has been high from treating ich that might have something to do with it.
In my experience though my corys are just as active in the day as at night. Maybe even less active at night.

Test your water. They're probably just recovering from the ich but when any fish acts off, a water test is in order. Were they the only fish added? Did you medicate your tank?

Back
Top Bottom