Corys and tiger barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roffy25

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,
I've got a Jewul Rio 125 tank with tiger barbs in and a small 15litre tank with 2 trillineatus cory's... Basically what I wanna know is, can I add the cory's to the the larger tank without the tiger barbs nipping their fins?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Maybe, how many tiger barbs? You could give it a try as long as you have a back up plan, you should get a few more corys they like to be in groups.

There's 8 barbs... I've heard they like to nip fins, and although my corys don't have long finnage it is longer then that of the barbs.

Well the back up plan would be just to put them back in the smaller tank for the time being.

There's 8 barbs... I've heard they like to nip fins, and although my corys don't have long finnage it is longer then that of the barbs.

Well the back up plan would be just to put them back in the smaller tank for the time being.

You should be ok .... 8 TigerBarbs will give them enough numbers to keep themselves occupied establishing their pecking order. The Cory's may get harassed for about 20 or so minutes at first ... new fish in the tank do not go unnoticed.

I'll give it a go and add them, but will keep an eye on them!

How many would you recommend to have in a shoal? 5 or more?

Back
Top Bottom