Corys not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mayreee

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well all of my fish in my 15gal made it through the night last night :knock on wood:. The only problem is my 2 corys I have left aren't eating the food I have for them. I have TetraMin Tropical Tablets for bottom feeders and O.S.I. Shrimp Pellets. I put one or two in there and the molly just ends up eating them and the corys ignore them. The corys go around the tank and act like they are looking for food so I am not sure if they are eating the tropical flakes that fall to the bottom. I called the LFS (that I will never go to again) and asked what they feed them. The guy said "Uhhhh I'm not sure, can you call back in an hour?" Man they are rude and dumb. I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks

Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 5.0

My corys tend to feed at night - partly because the other fish are so more efficient at finding food during daytime. I always wait until evening to drop in a shrimp pellet or algae wafer, so as to give the corys a better chance at finding it first.

If you spy on your tank after lights-out, you just may find your corys nibbling on the tablets and shrimp pellets. On the other hand, they may be getting enough to eat just from the flake food that falls to the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom