Corys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishywishywowoo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 20g with 8 platy, 4 fry and 7 adf. I love corys but am I right in thinking they need to be in groups? If so I won't have enough room (will be upgrading when I have enough funds) Also would they even get along with my adf?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

corys need shoals of at least 3-4 minimum. But if your LFS has pigmy cory they are super small and could get a bigger shoal that will have less of a bioload.

Corydoras

I have a 20g with 8 platy, 4 fry and 7 adf. I love corys but am I right in thinking they need to be in groups? If so I won't have enough room (will be upgrading when I have enough funds) Also would they even get along with my adf?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hello fish...

A 20 G tank is small if you only had the Platys. Some species of Platys can get pretty large, especially the females. Corydoras are shoaling fish and do well in a small group of 4 or so. More of the same species is better. Smaller groups and even an individual can adapt, if you provide clean water and a heavily planted tank bottom. Anubias is a good plant for Corys. Corys are very peaceful and will get along with about anything.

Get a larger, longer tank if you want to keep Corys.

B

Back
Top Bottom