cost of moving your aquarium.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patrice

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What is the price, from a professional, to move your aquarium to a other nearby house. And how long did it take? Any size reef aquarium

I am wondering because someone want me to move is aquarium and pay me for it. I know it depend of the size.

The place here in my city charges around 50/per hour. I thought that was outrageous but my friend that also does tank maintence says he charges 50/hour also.

The guys around here charge $50-$100 to move tanks that are 10-55 gallons. If it's bigger then it's $40.00 per hour + mileage.

50-100$ per hour is right depending on size & complexity of the setup. Mileage is also an option if it's a distance. It's a big job to move, especially if there's complex plumbing & corals involved.

I would however clarify 2 main points in writing: liability for equipment & liability for livestock loss.

ok, so if i am right, in the US its around 50 to 100$ a hour. So because i live in Canada, even worse, in Quebec, its going to cost double that price. It so great to live here (sarcasme).

So for a full day to move a reef aquarium it minimum 50$ x 12h = 600$. It may cost less to buy an other aquarium, prep it and transfer they equipment. Then sell your old tank.

Moving tanks sucks even if your getting paid to do it. So buying a new tank would be an option.

Where I work we charge 55 an hour, if it is far their are also other fees.

Would 45 minute be far for other fees? Just wondering if the extra help would help with my move... But wondering if other people charge extra

IMO do it yourself. But some bins and a bunch of buckets and call some friends I've put too much time and energy to trust someone else. Not to mention who doesn't like to re scape your tank every once in a while!

Back
Top Bottom