Cotton ball in plant!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trippr

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everybody! I know there are probably 50 threads on this cotton-like stuff but I can't find one in search that has pics like mine. Anyway, there is only 1 "sac". It is under one of my fake plants. I rinsed all of my decorrations before adding them to the aquarium. It has been there for about 2 weeks now, and isn't changing size or color. It is white. Here are some pics. The first is a close-up. The second is further away to give you a size comparison to the plant. It is hard to see but is right above the red gemstone. To the right of the rock is where you're looking at the "cocoon" in the 3rd. Thanks for you're replies!

Attachments

• Image028.jpg
    Image028.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 122
  • Image029.jpg
    Image029.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 115
  • Image030.jpg
    Image030.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 120
I use a combo flakes and pellets. That would make sense but you know how small granules are. (tiny). This cotton ball is 15 times that size...? Also, the black pellet beside the "cocoon" is gravel. Just in case you were wondering. In either case I will suck it out of there. I didn't know if it was (don't laugh...)*ahem...* an egg sac or something.:n00b:

Back
Top Bottom