Could it be? Parasites?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikeISright

Aquarium Advice Freak
Started a thread about my tank getting struck by ich and mentioned possible internal parasites on my green terror. He seems to be skittish and hiding a lot more compared to normal. He poops a lot now and doesnt eat much at the moment. His poop is either clear (with maybe a touch of white) or its like a clear casing around the food hes pooping out. I cant treat for internal parasites now because im treating for ich and it is not gone yet but i also need to make sure if it is parasites.

Hexamita is caused by intestinal flagellated protozoa and attacks the digestive system and the lower intestines of infected fish resulting in stringy white poop.

If the fish is eating I'd treat with Jungles medicated food for parasites and if he's stopped then you'll have to treat the water. In that case I'd use Tetras Parasite Guard or Metro+. I'm not sure he your treating for ich but if it's the common method of heat/salt then there is no worry. With Hex I'd start treating immediately to prevent the fish from wasting away, and it's contagious from mouthing feces from one fish to another.

Ok thank you. And i am just using the the heat and salt method. I have 2 synodintos eupterus i the tank also so do you think i should treat the whole tank?

HUKIT said:
If the fish will eat the medicated pellets that is what I would try first, if they won't then treat the entire tank.

Ok are they sinking pellets then? And do u think my local petsmart would sell them?

Back
Top Bottom