Couple of Shots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Glenc

Aquarium Advice Addict
I started a 15 gallon up with Turface as the substrate. I am very happy with the Turface in my 75 gallon, wanted to fire up another tank to experiment with it a bit more. I have a tiny piece of glosso in the foreground that is starting to catch, good sign.
Also, a shot of L repens in a 10 gallon, very pretty whitish pink, only under 2 wpg. Don't have to have high light to get nice colour. Ferts are steady at 10ppm N03, 1 ppm P04, 10 K. DIY C02 at around 20 ppm. Lights are on 10 hrs. Fish load is low, 5 Harliquin rasboras, 4 otto's.

So, another tank eh Glen? When you say experiment, are you speaking of the Turface or the tank in general? I mean, you're not considering cross-pollinating and creating hybrids are you? :)

That is a beautiful L. repens. Funny how mine always looked different.

A lovely tank-very serene. I like the look of the Turface a lot. Gorgeous!

Let me know how the tank-breeding experiment goes....I mean, if they reproduce themselves I can't see an objection from the husband, right?

I have never seen L. repens look like that. Thats just amazing you can get that color with only 2wpg. You the man!

If we could get our tanks to re-produce themselves, I think we would all be single!

Thanks for the comments guys, I have mainly set this tank up..... just to have another one!
Seriously, I am going to try different lighting and fert levels in this tank to see how the plants re-act to these conditions using Turface as substrate. Want to see if I can get similar or better growth than my tanks with Eco-complete. Eco is great, but it is very expensive, and heavy. At 20 pounds per bag, it adds alot of weight to your already heavy tank.
If I had to use Eco in my 75, I would not have been able to set it up, at least not for a while. Just to much money. 8 to 10 bags for my 75 would have cost $350 bucks. I did my 75 gallon tank with turface, very generously I might add, plus my 15, and I have enough for at least two more 15-20 gallon tanks. Turface cost me $30. bucks for 100 pounds,(thanks Wizard) If I can get as good or better growth with turface, I can be saving a whole lot of dough. Who am I kidding, at least I'll have alot more money to spend on tanks, fish and of course, plants :)

Very nice looking Glen!

Is that a CO2 ladder on the right? Also the L. repens, would that be L. repens 'rubin'?

Hey rkilling1, that is indeed plain old L. repens, not L. repens rubin. I have L. repens rubin in my 75, I have just put some in this tank to see how it's going to colour up, pics to follow!
I am using a bubble ladder in the 15 for now, they work pretty good in smaller tanks. They can be a pain as they clog easy with dead leaves and other debris. Once the bubbles stop, your C02 levels drop like a stone. This tank does not have enough light for that to be worry. Even if the ladder clogs, I have time to fix it before any ill effects would be seen. Till I can get pressurized piped into this room, it will have to do.
Hey An t-iasg, If I have one complaint against the Turface, it is extremely dusty when you rinse it. I'm talking clouds of dust! You can't get it wet fast enough. Next time I use it, it will be warmer so I can rinse it outside! Other than that, it seems to be great stuff :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom