CPR dual bac pak skimmer ......need help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltwaternewbie12

Aquarium Advice Freak
So my dada gave me his CPR dual bac pak skimmer today.....he didn't use it and doesn't have the book to it anymore, so asking him was no help.....my understanding is that inside of the chambers there should be tons of tiny micro bubbles.....mine only let big bubbles.....am I doing something wrong? How do I get the tiny bubbles to cause the skimmate? TIA

Where does your air line connect? If its to the air nipple on the side of the pump your wrong. That was my problem with my CPR Aquafuge PS skimmer. Once I connected the airline to the end of the flare piece on the inlet, MICROBUBBLES.

try holding the airline pinched off right when you turn the skimmer on. If it has air in the pipes it wont work properly. release the airline after it starts to pick up after 5-10 seconds. not sure if this is your problem or not but worth a shot if you havent tried it

Do u have a pic showing where that is? I don't see anywhere else to hook it......

I'll go out to the shed where mine is stored a little later. But, there should be a flared inlet screen thing that goes on the water intake end. In the center of that is a hollow plastic pipe that your airline will fit onto. It doesn't look right, but that is where it is supposed to go.

Back
Top Bottom