Crab Identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jace_242

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I bought some new live rock today and had a crab sneak home that I can't identify. I managed to catch him and put him in my quarantine tank to keep him away from everything else until I can figure out what he is. This is my first attempt to put a picture in a post, but can anyone tell me what this is? His body is about dime sized.

Attachments

• IMG_2988.jpg
    IMG_2988.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 66
Awesome, thanks guys. I just did some quick reading on the little guy and I'm excited. Right now I have him in my 12g with a piece of live rock to hide in. I'm skeptical about putting him into my 75g. My fish all ignore my inverts but I also have three emerald crabs, some hermits, peppermint shrimp and a pair of fire shrimp. Do you think he'd make it in there, or should he be a permanent resident of my 12g? He doesn't have any anemone to defend himself with but there is quite a bit of live rock to hide in, but enough I may never spot him again.

Personally, I would think his chances aren't so good against the emeralds once they get larger. I'd keep him in the nano. JMO

Keep him in the nano. You can enjoy him more in a smaller tank.

Back
Top Bottom