Crayfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

moomawkm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm looking for SOME SORT of invertebrate in my freshwater tank. I was originally thinking some sort of shrimp (ghost shrimp??), but now I'm open to the idea of crayfish...but I'm afraid he'll eat my fish!!

Any ideas?

29 Gal, 79°/80°F, Bio-wheel 200, NO live plants, Sand, Ammonia 0ppm, Nitrites 0ppm, Nitrates ~5ppm, 1+ year tank

Current Tank Members:
4 Silver Tip Tetras
4 Bloodfin Tetras
1 Rubber Lip Pleco
1 Halfmoon Double Tail Male Betta

They are fed every other day...cycle through tropical flakes, tropical pellets, brine shrimp pellets, algae wafers, occasional blood worm or two

I have a cray in my 55 gallon community tank. Tetras, danios and red platties. I've had him for about 3 months now. He has molted twice and is getting very big. He ate one of my platties the other day and he now has a new home all to him self in a ten gallon tank. I'm sure as they get bigger, your fish will look like a great snack if he can catch them. My fish swim right in his face and I'm surprised he hasn't eaten more of them.

I don't think a cray would work with a pleco and a Betta. I have an electric blue cray with blackskirt tetras and zebra danios. My crayfish hasn't gone after any fish, but if there was a fish like a Betta or pleco I think he would get it.

image-467302527.jpg

image-1429737518.jpg

Mine does fine with my pleco

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120918_022020.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120918_022020.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 104
How big are silver tips? If they dont get real big you could definetly swing a dwarf cray with no problem.

Back
Top Bottom