crazy parrot head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiredfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi...this is edgar..hes very strange and getting stranger...he like to swim upside down and stay thay way for short periods of time...he also likes the air stone strip in the back...its like he sticks his mouth right on it and then swims away then he shimmys around and tries to stir up the rocks we have for substrate...then proceeds to swim upside down some more...he does this constanly ..that and also rearranges the tank...is this behavior normall or do they do this....hes about 6 yeras old...just wondering also how old do they get

Attachments

• edgar.jpg
    edgar.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 759
  • edgar_getting_air.jpg
    edgar_getting_air.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 731
  • edgar_upside_down.jpg
    edgar_upside_down.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 989
Hmmm

can parrotfish get swim bladder? I know its common for goldies... but swimming upside down can't be good
hmmmmmmmmmmm

Parrotfish are strange fish, they come with slightly deformed swim blatters, but they like to swim funny and do tricks and such, i dont think thats strange behavior

i've seen them upside down and its most likely air in the bladder. But they dont seem to mind and get on quite well?!?!

Back
Top Bottom