Cross Breeding OEBTS and Other types of Tigers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chipmunk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys Im new to the aquarium world and in the next few weeks ill be starting a shrimp tank. I was wondering, If i were to breed OEBTS and another type of tiger shrimp like an orange eyed black tiger shrimp, would i get babies that are either one or the other? Or just a weird hybrid.

I'm pretty sure it would be a weird hybrid that wouldnt be to pretty

actually they can be pretty, but its alot of work. The first generation won't be very pretty, you have to let them cross each other and back with the parents a few times until a pretty pattern shows up. Then you breed for that pattern.

People generally dont cross oebt with other shrimps, because the orange eyes mean the shrimp is blind or partially blinded and people feel guilty about purposely making their offspring blind.

I recently started a oebt(m)xcrs(f) project. Shrimplets was born this week. =), they look like super tigers with orange eyes.

Oh thats cool.. I also heard that the babies of black orange eyed tiger and an oebt would just make a really dark blue, however idk how credible that source is..

Back
Top Bottom