CRS addition to RCS colony

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tbox

Aquarium Advice FINatic
In my 5gal fluval spec I have a very competitive colony of RCS. Especially at chow time! Would adding 5-10 CRS have a shot?
Different topic bonus question:)
Luckily yesterday I noticed the output flow had stopped on the 5gspec. A debris jam occurred in the tubing which thankfully wasnt stopped up for too long before I cleared it. The tank has been up for 2yrs and I only ring out the compartment sponge in tank water about every month and a half. I also siphon out whatever loose debris and shrimp that are living in there, after I pull out the sponge and media from the filter compartment.
To my question, how often should the piping/tubing/hoses be flushed out to prevent a tank cardiac arrest? Canister filters too?
Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The priming of canisters after each cleaning should be good enough to flush them good?

Depending on water quality then yes crs could be added.

Anything inside a tank should be cleaned every so often just not all st once. Any in or out take tube should be scrubbed in the inside. Also if your running foam air filters you should take them apart and clean the holes of airline and stones

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for the input about my output Andrew.
Im guessing you've owned most make and model canister filters at some point. Considering your regimented filter maintenance, what is the best and how many years should it work before parts need to be replaced?
Do you just push a sponge swab through the hoses when you clean them?
Thanks

The RCS Horde

Attachments

• 1427561802101.jpg
    1427561802101.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 54
  • 1427561837765.jpg
    1427561837765.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 63
I actually use different size pipe cleaners. As for parts it's different for everyone

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom