Cry for help!!! Septicemia - Goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still no change. I think it's good he seems to be not getting any worse but no better either. There are definitely more blood streaks in his tail than there were a week go though.

I am SOO sorry, Mumma!!!! :( This poor little guy has had a heck of a life before you rescued him- I really, really, really hope he recovers now that he has a wonderful home!!!

I'm sorry and I hope things turn around. he has been so lucky to have such a good fishy mamma!

Well, I've just used the last of 2kg of salt! I'll have to go out and buy some more before I do tomorrows PWC. He's not getting any worse in the last 3-5 days. The streaks of red are still there but haven't increased. He's swimming, eating and pooping up a storm. He must be feeling alright.
Can I increase the antibiotic dosage???

No - a little is good, a lot is NOT better. You need to use drugs in an appropriate dose. Too much is often toxic....

If the fish is looking better, you should just stay the course.

Ok I'll keep on treating how I am. It's just getting frustrating because one day he looks to be getting better then the next he looks worse. I was at the vet again today and was talking to them about him. They said the only other thing they have to try is the injections. At the moment I'm not willing to try that. Partly because it could kill him and partly because it's more money on something that might not work.

I've done some big rearrangements. My two juvie goldfish (Percy and friend) are now in the 40g in the house. The other two 'rescues' (Charlie and Francis) are in the 40 also. Boo (the white, sick fish) is in the 26g outside with a heater. Not the best arrangement for the others but Boo now has more water. I couldn't handle twice daily PWC on that tub any longer. :/ I ran out of salt a few days ago but I got more yesterday. I'm slowly increasing it up to 0.3% again. He's still on the metro and prazi gel food. I'm not sure if its because I'm viewing him from the side instead of the top but he seems to be improving slightly. The red doesn't seem as 'angry' as before. More of a dark red/hint of brownish color.

Great job! I hope things come out well. I think he is one lucky individual.

Back
Top Bottom