Cube questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ftuti01

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Couple questions today:

I have a nano cube dlx. and its 12 gals.

I currently use pure clem and have to sponges in the back, do I need any other media to maintain a reef?

There are a whole lot of small white/clear bug looking things on my sponges, are they bad and if so how do i get rid of them?

Thank you.

Ill post pictures soon.

also....
My ph is at a consistent 8.0 how can I get it up to the proper 8.2?

When I first started my tank it stayed at 7.8 for almost two weeks...then all the sudden jumped up to 8.2, I would say monitor it and be patient...it will probably come up

This tank has been set up for 5 years and its consistently been at 8.0

The bugs are a good thing (ampipods/copipods). What test kit are you using? Are you testing alk?

I test for everything, I have checked my alk regularly with a dip stick but I havent tested it in a drip stick, its always in good range. If the copipods are good why should I be testing alk?

Thank you

If I got copods in my tank do you think I would have them established them enough to have a green mandarin.

They are a difficult fish to keep because of their food requirements. Plus tank requirements is 30 gallons. I have seen them in smaller, doesn't mean they lived long. You would have to supplement the pod population.

What do you suggest with one clown fish in a 12 gallon?

Back
Top Bottom