Culling the herd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skyrmir

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok, I admit it, I went too far. The lure of the fishies drew me in and I couldn't resist anymore. So now I've reached the point where there's just too bloody many of them!

I'm trying to figure out where to fit everyone and who goes to the pet store. (Big Al's down the road, they take good care of their fish and the last batch I gave them sold quickly too)

And I'm trying to figure a way to keep my Panda Cories and keep them happy. Right now, life in my 75 gallon tank is a bit aggressive and likely it's not going to get much better for a while. Mated Angels, Rams and soon to be Kribensis. Once I swap two of the kribensis females with males, it's going to get tense in there for a little while. So in the interest of getting the Panda's out of the crossfire I have three choices.

1) Panda's move to the 29 gallon. My worries here is that the danio's tend to play a bit rough, and the swordtails scavenge big time, making it hard for the panda's to eat.

2) Panda's to the fry tank. That would make 4 Panda's, a 2 inch pleco and about 30 swordtail fry. The fry get moved out once they're big enough to sex and identify wich ones have the color/fins I want to breed so they never get very big. Wich makes me wonder if the Panda's might consider them food.

3) Panda's back to the store. I'd really hate this as I love the little guys. They play all the time and have a huge cuteness factor about them.

Option 4... another tank...?
Always a good excuse... lol... :)

I do believe that the Panda Cory's will be ok in any tank with sufficient room as long as there is sufficient places for them to hide and keep out of the way, which they do naturally anyway.
At one point I had 7 Peppered Corys in a tank with my Senegal Bichirs, they were quite alright despite the Senegals being predatory as they had thier little hiding places and were to fast for the bulky Senegals.

Back
Top Bottom