Current too strong?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KaliChick

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi and thank you in advance!!

We just acquired 3 glow tetra fish in a 5.5 gallon top fish tank. We let it sit a couple days and added the fish tonight. I'm wondering if the current is too strong. They are staying on one side of the tank (opposite the filter) but can reach the surface.

Thanks!

It is a new tank. We were told to let it cycle for 24-48 hours before adding fish (we cycled 48 hours). I'll read the link. Thanks!

Ok I'm reading now and we may not have cycled. I conditioned the water and let it run for 48 hours. These are just small tetra fish that are in there. They said they needed a school so we put 3 in.

They are also now starting to swim the full tank. We have one that's smaller than the others that isn't quite making it around but the others are.

Thank you!! I appreciate you taking the time to answer and educate. My 5 and 7 year olds are pretty excited and since my 5 year old is allergic to most animals we would like to be successful with fish.

Never heard of anyone being allergic to fish, so good choice. They are fascinating and once you get the hang of keeping them, they are a lot of fun and all very different. I got hooked a long time ago and have 20 tanks today. I'm signing off now but if you have any questions in the future you can send me a PM (private message) via this forum. Roger

Back
Top Bottom