current usa led lighting system?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep it would be fine. Any light would for that matter. :) as long as the fish have some sense of day and night youre good. Now, if you think you might want to go with corals at some point it may pay to get a light that will support them now rather than investing in lighting systems twice.

I also have the current led light strip with remote, I am fowlr. And will invest in a few par 38 full spectrum bulbs, to illuminate one area with a few corals. Also remember to leave your blue light on at night for the live rock to keep its color

I wouldn't recommend keeping any lights on at night. Doing so will not effect the colors on the rock.

Thanks Mr X, I'm learning something new everyday... Would you say 10 hours of sunlight to all of 14 hours of darkness

That would be fine. As short a daytime as you want, but fish do need a night time, and some times these moonlights are too bright to be considered night.
Fish only need light to see to eat, and of course for you to enjoy the tank. Coralline algae that gives rock color can grow with very little light. Even ambient light from a nearby window could sustain it. If you were to mimic the natural day like you proposed, fish and rock will be fine.

Well that's very informative I learned from the local fish store that the blue lights should be left on to allow for proper growth however what you said makes a lot more sense and I appreciate the feedback

Back
Top Bottom