Cuts of Salmon Fillets Good Oscar Food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trevorSB1004

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The salmon is from Lake Michigan, and is just cooked on the grill. If this is fine, would any seasoning or marinating be harmful? I just ask this so it wouldn't have to be cooked seperately

I feed my oscars cooked chicken and turkey with no skin so I dont see why it wouldnt be okay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Don't cook the salmon and don't feed turkey or chicken. Get a good pellet as the staple for the diet. As a treat feed some bloodworms or uncooked shrimp, freeze dried krill soaked with Boyds vitachem or seachem nourish is very beneficial to them. Once a week feed shelled peas or a veggie based pellet. This helps their digestive tract. Lots of large frequent water changes are a must with oscars, and a proper size tank.

I had a red tail catfish that I only feed my daily catch to and he grew like a monster. Some fish are fine to eat raw fish but they should have a variety of food in there diet that goes for most all fish.http://youtu.be/hIEQ0jLBCeY

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom