Cyano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DOMINATOR said:
What's up with that? How bad is it???

From what I've read, it's really bad. You could say it's a DOMINATOR. LOL.

I actually don't know much about it, but I'm following to learn more about it.

It is really bad, and it is not algae. I had it once and only got rid of it by taking everything out of the tank and adding "slime away" or something like that. It was fine with my fish, but definitely don't add it with inverts in there.

Yep it is a bacteria/algea get rid of excess nutrients and there are some snails and such that will eat it.

Hey .. Cyanobacteria can't be all bad .... they were responsible for providing earth with the Oxygen we all breath!(y) Ok Ok well maybe in an aquarium they're not as good.:facepalm:

It's not terrible it's just not appealing to look at. I just recovered from a terrible outbreak...the culprit was not using RO water. I switched to RO water and it went away after a few weeks. It's not an algae it's a photosynthetic prokaryotic organism (Aka bacteria). "supposedly" it can produce toxins in large quantities. It's really not that bad it produces oxygen as a by product it is just ugly

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom