Cycle on the up and up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MandyINCo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Thanks to all your advice, the ammonia levels in my tank are finally improving. Just 48 hours after adding nutrafin instant cycle, it is starting to fall.

Even the guy at my lfs was impressed with my water quality when I brought it in to have it double tested. My fish are looking happier and more vibrant. I even bought a bristle nosed pleco today. He's tiny. He's already hidden.

I can't wait til next payday, I am finally going to stock my tank.

Here's the plan:
1 koi angel
3 male Congo tetras
1 teal rainbow (possibly bosemani)
2 dwarf gourami (already owned)
1 spotted African leaf

I'll be rehoming my bloodfin tetras and Dalmatian Molly.

Thanks to all for your help!

MandyINCo said:
Thanks to all your advice, the ammonia levels in my tank are finally improving. Just 48 hours after adding nutrafin instant cycle, it is starting to fall.

Even the guy at my lfs was impressed with my water quality when I brought it in to have it double tested. My fish are looking happier and more vibrant. I even bought a bristle nosed pleco today. He's tiny. He's already hidden.

I can't wait til next payday, I am finally going to stock my tank.

Here's the plan:
1 koi angel
3 male Congo tetras
1 teal rainbow (possibly bosemani)
2 dwarf gourami (already owned)
1 spotted African leaf

I'll be rehoming my bloodfin tetras and Dalmatian Molly.

Thanks to all for your help!

How big is this tank? I wouldn't get 1 rainbow, they'll do a lot better in school and should be kept in schools of 4 or more.

29gal. And I was told that rainbows were not schooling fish. At least that's what the guys over at my lfs said.

And I plan to get an oversized filter to help with a fully stocked tank. I realize that with my list, I am at maximum. And actually, once the angel grows, it may be overstocked. Maybe I'll leave the rainbow out.

MandyINCo said:
29gal. And I was told that rainbows were not schooling fish. At least that's what the guys over at my lfs said.

And I plan to get an oversized filter to help with a fully stocked tank. I realize that with my list, I am at maximum. And actually, once the angel grows, it may be overstocked. Maybe I'll leave the rainbow out.

Yeah, I'd leave the rainbow out. But great stock otherwise!

Back
Top Bottom