Cycled yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Geronica said:
Yes and "how to test wasn't my concern nor issue" I just seem to have a little dilemma with the Ph result color "ONLY" nothing else all other tests colors I can distinguish whether the tubes are away or against the test card.

Of course i didnt mean to offend your testing ability.

Hopefully the process is coming to an end. I am just about to begin the same journey myself.

lol...you know I have become accustomed to doing the water changes that I am tempted to stop the fish-less cycle on my 40B (today is day 11) and begin fish-in..(i know crazy huh)....see I have added extra filter pads into my 55g's filter but I was told not to remove any since my tank is a newly cycled and could throw my tank into a mini cycle....so I think that's saying for at least another 2-3 weeks I can't remove anything to use as seeding material (am I correct...if not PLEASE clarify so I understand)....then I have a 20H but trying to find reasonable filter ad heater so I can set it up but again I want to seed from 55 so cycle doesn't be as long (I don't think my 40 and 20 are in a spot that is close enough in distance to use python)...wait...brb....OMG...yes it is...lol...UH OH....am I going to start fish in on 40B????????

Plan accordingly and it won't be too hard, all I do is fish-in cycles.

And yeah I wouldn't mess with the newly cycled tank too much if you can help it, since the biofilter is just getting established.

Plan accordingly and it won't be too hard, all I do is fish-in cycles.

And yeah I wouldn't mess with the newly cycled tank too much if you can help it, since the biofilter is just getting established.

Your absolutely correct because I didn't see it as hard it was fun caring for the little swimmers daily....I guess I don't want that part to end so I will do fish-in on the 40B....Question: since I was doing fish-less cycling and I have chemically added ammonia to my 40B what do I do to turn this into fish-in cycling?

Just do a 100% wc and then test the water to make sure you got all of the ammonia out and you are good to go. If you do it fish-in remember to stock very very lightly for the first few weeks and add plants if you had any intention to at some point.

Just do a 100% wc and then test the water to make sure you got all of the ammonia out and you are good to go. If you do it fish-in remember to stock very very lightly for the first few weeks and add plants if you had any intention to at some point.

Wow...before I read what you just said...something warranted me to check for nitrites to see if any were present...well it is and its registering as 2.0 and ammo is 2.0-4.0 ...... so I think I am probably half way there now that I better leave it alone...what you all suggest????

Attachments

• 20121014_111408.jpg
    20121014_111408.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 41
It's up to you. Adding fish isn't going to start the cycle over or anything as long as you don't let everything dry out.

I'm not a fan of staring at empty tanks so my opinion is highly biased, lol.

Hopefully the process is coming to an end. I am just about to begin the same journey myself.

checked water parameters again today and everything is still holding steady...

ph-7.4
ammo-0.25 (water source has ammo in it, may never be 0)
trites-0
trates-5.0

For me, this will be an awesome accomplishment and I didn't get discouraged along the way, 6.5 weeks to be exact...yeah for me, now what will I do next?
Current 55g stock 6 TB's, 1 RTS, 3 Gourami's, 1 Rubberlip, & small amount of live plants

Back
Top Bottom