Cycling a tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfan88

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was just wondering... If I use water from my already-cycled 130 gallon tank, would I still have to cycle the new tank? If I wouldn't have to, what percentage of the water should be from the other tank if not all of it?
Thanks,
Melanie

Adding another tanks water will not cycle the tank. If you could cut off a small piece of filter media (if its HOB) that would help cycle much faster! Filter media is the little pad inside the filter. Another way to do it is fish less cycling or fish in cycle. They are both effective and there's some great articles on this forum about cycling a tank :)

Adding another tanks water will not cycle the tank. If you could cut off a small piece of filter media (if its HOB) that would help cycle much faster! Filter media is the little pad inside the filter. Another way to do it is fish less cycling or fish in cycle. They are both effective and there's some great articles on this forum about cycling a tank :)

Ok. That's too bad I guess. I'm gonna do a fish less cycle then. I have always don't fish in cycling till now, so I guess I'll look for an article on Here :)

Ok. That's too bad I guess. I'm gonna do a fish less cycle then. I have always don't fish in cycling till now, so I guess I'll look for an article on Here :)

I've done fish in cycle with all my tanks it's quite easy actually. Just add some hardy fish and change the water 2-3 times per week till your parameters are in check :)

I've done fish in cycle with all my tanks it's quite easy actually. Just add some hardy fish and change the water 2-3 times per week till your parameters are in check :)

Yeah I have always done that too. I think I'll try a fish less cycle this time :)

Back
Top Bottom