Cycling with Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have 2 endler live bearer's in one of my 6.5 gallon tanks.

I have 2 endler live bearer's in one of my 6,5 gallon tanks.
The other 6.5 gallon tank I have 0 fish.

Last edited:
Tell the pet store lady to stop coming over. She is not helping in the slightest. Dont let her in your home or anywhere near your tanks.

Today, feed your fish a little. No more than they eat in 2 minutes. No need for a water change.

Add a tiny pinch of fish food to the empty 6.5g. As much as 1 fish will eat.

Retest 24 hours from now and report the results.

Last edited:
I just fed my fish

Tell the pet store lady to stop coming over. She is not helping in the slightest. Dont let her in your home or anywhere near your tanks.

Today, feed your fish a little. No more than they eat in 2 minutes. No need for a water change.

I just fed my fish. I added as much as they could eat in 2mins. I will let you know after 24 hours, what the tanks read.

I wont pet store lady in my home, no worries

I wont let pet store lady in my home, no worries. I'm going to order online my fishes. I found some pepper cory's for 5 dollars a piece. From the pic they looked healthy. I order from Ebay.

I wont let pet store lady in my home, no worries. I'm going to order online my fishes. I found some pepper cory's for 5 dollars a piece. From the pic they looked healthy. I order from Ebay.

Make sure you quarantine those new fish. A number of people over the years have had bad experiences through ebay fish purchases. Personally, I'd either get them local or get them from people you know.

I do not know of anyone who has fish.

Make sure you quarantine those new fish. A number of people over the years have had bad experiences through ebay fish purchases. Personally, I'd either get them local or get them from people you know.

I do not know of anyone who has fish. There is one place I bought my fish, but they are not a good pet store. I only can find online. That is my only option for now. There is one pet store near me, and they do not care about fish. So sadly enough I have to buy online. I live in a small town. I do not have a car, so it's hard to get to a pet store. I do have a 3 gallon tank I can quarantine the fish. :fish2::thanks::dance:

I do not know of anyone who has fish. There is one place I bought my fish, but they are not a good pet store. I only can find online. That is my only option for now. There is one pet store near me, and they do not care about fish. So sadly enough I have to buy online. I live in a small town. I do not have a car, so it's hard to get to a pet store. I do have a 3 gallon tank I can quarantine the fish. :fish2::thanks::dance:
That's not big enough for the cory cats. There are some sterilite plastic trays that you can get at a local walmart for not a lot of money that would be better than a tank that small. This is what I've used to store some of my fish: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilit...2-L-x-14-W-x-11-H-Black/19400063?athbdg=L1102 It's close to a 10 gallon tank in dimensions without the price of 10 gal. Since it's only going to be set up for a short amount of time, you can store the box when you are done.

Testing my water.

Testing my water. For 20 gallon, tank
Ammoinia 0
PH 7.5
No2 0
No3 0

Testing my water for 6.5 tank with fish.
Ammoinia 0
PH 7.5
No2 0
No3 0

Testing my water for 6.5 tank without fish.
Ammoinia 0
PH 7.5
No2 0
No3 0

Those water parameters look safe.

As long as no ammonia or nitrite shows up continue to feed daily for the rest of the week. Put a small pinch of fish food in the empty tank every day as well.

If you see any ammonia, nitrite or nitrate in your test report it.

After a week change half the water in all the tanks.

The lack of nitrate is a small concern. It may be down to inaccurate testing. Or it may be you have some ammonia absorbing filter media.

What sort of filtration do you have on your tanks? Do they have cartridges in them? If they have cartridges, do you know whats inside them? Maybe it says on the packaging they came in.

Sorry I sent you the same message in private chat.

Those water parameters look safe.

As long as no ammonia or nitrite shows up continue to feed daily for the rest of the week. Put a small pinch of fish food in the empty tank every day as well.

If you see any ammonia, nitrite or nitrate in your test report it.

After a week change half the water in all the tanks.

The lack of nitrate is a small concern. It may be down to inaccurate testing. Or it may be you have some ammonia absorbing filter media.

What sort of filtration do you have on your tanks? Do they have cartridges in them? If they have cartridges, do you know whats inside them? Maybe it says on the packaging they came in.

Sorry! I sent you the same message in private chat. As far as my filters go. I have carbon in my filter, and sponges. I have a Whisper filter for my 20 gallon tank. It has carbon in the cartridges. I also put a white sponger in my 20 gallon filter and in my 6,5 gallon take, as well. I will feed my fish everyday they love food. lol. They will eat all of it. In the 2 mins I'm feeding them. I'm going to buy me some Cory Cats and this time, they will be in safe water. I'm still going to wait a week, or 2 before adding new fish. I want to keep an eye on the tanks, before I buy the fish.

I'm going to order from

Once I know my tanks are safe, and going to stay that way. I am going to order from: michaelsfishroom.com. I seen a Cory fish I liked, it's a pepper Cory. Thanks for sharing the link with me. :fish1::fish2::)
Is 5 pepper cory fish good enough for a 20 gallon tank? He is going to be:
The Pepper Cory or Corydoras Paleatus is a cory species that gets to be about 2.5 inches in length and is one of the larger Cory Catfish.

Once I know my tanks are safe, and going to stay that way. I am going to order from: michaelsfishroom.com. I seen a Cory fish I liked, it's a pepper Cory. Thanks for sharing the link with me. :fish1::fish2::)
Is 5 pepper cory fish good enough for a 20 gallon tank? He is going to be:
The Pepper Cory or Corydoras Paleatus is a cory species that gets to be about 2.5 inches in length and is one of the larger Cory Catfish.

Good enough? Yes. (y) You are just going to need to take it slow adding any other fish because the cories are going to take up a good amount of your bioload. The bacteria bed needs to get really established before pushing it.

Back
Top Bottom