Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

williemccall

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Any tips on cycling? 55 gallon with one piece of live rock, 2 pieces of base rock, each of the 3 weighing between 15-20 lbs a piece, about a 3 inch deep crushed coral sand bed, two power heads at either ends, and a heater.

Hi Willie, I know nothing about saltwater aquariums but the article in my signature is for your use. A saltwater expert will be by before long. Have a good one.

I haven't got that far yet. There are alot of people that will help you. I'm gonna follow along so I can see how your doing and will be able to see tips for me too :)

That is a good question that I'm wondering as well. I did have some coralline die off but that was on a power head that was out of water for quite some time. I have several rocks that do have coralline on them that were not out of water for more than 1/2 an hour though so I'm thinking they will be fine.

At any rate, you aren't too far from Gainesville. If you do have your coralline die off you can swing by a store here and pick up some really nice purple pieces and get it back to your tank after cycling and get it back up.

Back
Top Bottom