Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok so I'm running my 70 gallon filter through my already cycled 32 gallon tank. About how long would that take?

Running the filter for a couple of weeks to seed it prior to transferring to another tank will cycle the new tank.

So the water has nothing to do with being cycled? But even when I do put it in the new tank I'm going to have to cycle it a little longer for the sand right?

So the water has nothing to do with being cycled? But even when I do put it in the new tank I'm going to have to cycle it a little longer for the sand right?

There is very little bacteria in the water so after you've run the filter to seed it then when you transfer the filter to the new tank it will practically cycled(the worst you may see a mini-cycle for a couple of days).

I don't know why I asked a question I already knew the answer to.. I guess just making sure? Haha but thank you for the answers. But I have another question about stocking. I know its totally off topic but can you tell me how I should stock a 75 gallon tank?

That's a tough one since I could point you in thousand different directions, get a general idea of what your looking for then post questions in the appropriate section.

Back
Top Bottom