Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yellowlabs

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I want to feed my tank it is a 46 gallon bow front how many times should I feed the tank to cycle it?

Thanks but I don't want to put ammonia in my tank just put food in it so I was wondering how many times should I put food in the tank

I promise ammonia isn't going to harm your tank or its inhabitants. Its the best way to control the exact amount of ammonia in your tank.

Thanks but where would you get this ammonia and I don't have a test kit but I did it with food and it worked once as I got the idea from petsmart

You can pick up ammonia from a home improvement store just make sure you get the right one however if you are truly afriad of using ammonia then maybe you should try the raw shrimp method.

Thanks and how much shrimp and how many times I do I have to do it

You don't I'm just new but I will take all the help it's just that getting all the things is just too much I just want something imple as I'm only 11

Yellowlabs said:
You don't I'm just new but I will take all the help it's just that getting all the things is just too much I just want something imple as I'm only 11

I'd say you're already doing great considering your age! Man, by the time you're my age, you will know everything about the hobby!

I have never used shrimp to cycle, but I hear that it STINKS! Really bad.

Well then I will just use my old way as I have been succesful with it once I get more experience I will try the ammonia. Last time I cycled my 20 gallon my goldfish got ick after 4 months of. Cycled tank does that have to do with the way I cycle

Just do what you're comfortable with :)
Using fish food, keep an eye out for planaria. They will look like tiny white worms, if you get them, run a razor down the inside glass, and then do a gravel vac. Good luck!

Well, I apologize for coming off rude anyway. It's just the searches you can do on this forum amazed me when I had questions. The more you read the more you learn. or actually the more the experience the more you learn.

There are many different ways to complete a cycel, if you are comfortable with the way you have successfully done it then just do it again...just make sure you are completely cycled before you throw fish in the tank...I imagine it's harder for an 11 year old to come up with money than a working man/woman. otherwise you can always con your parents into throwing some money your way (but don't tell them I told you that) lol

Back
Top Bottom