Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefey

Aquarium Advice Activist
10g aquael nno reef. (Day 8)
Got my LiveRock (from the liverock pool), live sand and done mixed saltwater from the LFS. They told me with this that i dont need a big cycling. Is that true?

Do i need to add an ammonia sourse to start the cycle? Or can i cycle with the LR, sand and water?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389964917.038674.jpg

Add an ammonia source. Your lfs was probably just trying to get you to cycle with a fish which is unnecessary and cruel

But ppl say diffrent ting allsow that the tank can cycle its self and thats best..

What? 8 days isn't going to cycle a tank. If you don't want to hear the answers don't ask the questions.

I know that. but i dont know what to do, ppl say that just let it cycle on its own. And some say to add a prawn or fishfood to kick start the cycle. Wats best:)? Dont get angry dude;) im just wondering

Sorry. The best way is to add an ammonia source and let it do it's thing. If you really think it's cycled get bottled ammonia and dose your tank to 1 ppm if your bio filter can turn this completely into nitrate in 24 hrs (0ppm of ammonia and nitrite) then your ok, if not dose it up to 4 ppm and let it completely go to nitrate then do it again and once the second one is all nitrate you should be good

Back
Top Bottom