Dad dying... Fish keeping me safe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keke89

Aquarium Advice Activist
My dad suffers from Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis, and he had a 5 artery bypass, he also has Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) . I just.... I just... I just am keeping or trying to keep just ok. Fish is keeping me alive. Love them to bits. Every 3dr day waterchange ...makes me calm. Love watching them. I love ding waterchanges!!!

Yes, aquarium therapy. Stress reducer, and sometimes a life line. Hope you get a lot of time with your dad before he goes. It's hard, but with life comes death for all of us, just some sooner than later.

sorry to here about your dad double whammie that's hard ,
I"ll send a few prayers his way , I know it's hard as I suffer with a similar blood cancer , I underwent several bone marrow transplants ,
I've been fighting with this cancer close to 15 years now ,
undergoing a bypass is hard enough but 5 wow your dad must be one strong man God bless him ,
that right there should show you he's a fighter be strong if he see's your strong he will be stronger , the best thing for you is to spend as much time as you can with him , having my wife and daughter by my side made things easier for me I can't explain it was almost like a magical force,
yes fish will help take your mind off of it , just don't hold it in talk to your loved ones , don't be afraid to cry your dad will understand

If you need someone to talk to you can always pm me

john
I wear my gold chain along with my cancer ribbon as if it was a crucifix
It gives me strength , I hold it at night saying a prayer wishing for another day and 15yrs later I can say it works I'll add a special prayer at the end just for your dad

Thank you seawead54. Made tears roll down, I needed that actually. Thank youi kinda miss him already seeing that his all the time in bed. It's so hard for him
To get out just even to do the mundane things. ... I am sad ,
...no hiding it.

sorry to here about your dad double whammie that's hard ,
I"ll send a few prayers his way , I know it's hard as I suffer with a similar blood cancer , I underwent several bone marrow transplants ,
I've been fighting with this cancer close to 15 years now ,
undergoing a bypass is hard enough but 5 wow your dad must be one strong man God bless him ,
that right there should show you he's a fighter be strong if he see's your strong he will be stronger , the best thing for you is to spend as much time as you can with him , having my wife and daughter by my side made things easier for me I can't explain it was almost like a magical force,
yes fish will help take your mind off of it , just don't hold it in talk to your loved ones , don't be afraid to cry your dad will understand

If you need someone to talk to you can always pm me

john
I wear my gold chain along with my cancer ribbon as if it was a crucifix
It gives me strength , I hold it at night saying a prayer wishing for another day and 15yrs later I can say it works I'll add a special prayer at the end just for your dad

You have created a stronger me. I realistic the road will be hard, thank you, for time to share.

remember this always let him know you love him and even say a night time prayer with him , I was once confined to the bed and yes I understand it's no picnic , but when someone came in it was the best thing ever , share the things you can with your dad so you can be sure to always have him in your heart
miracles can happen I believe

Back
Top Bottom