Daily water changes due to mopani driftwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Drewnation

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I currently have 2 small Mopani driftwood pieces in a 29 gallon, the tank is much cloudier than my 10g (6 platies 1 anubias live plant 2 pwc weekly 30%). My real question is it okay if I cant 25% of the water in my 29gallon roughly 6 gallons per day to try and reduce the amount of tannis that you can see in the tank, its pretty cloudy and unattractive, what do you guys think??

Did you soak or boil the mopani before you put it in your tank? Just asking as I have a large piece of mopani soaking as we speak and I'll be changing the water daily till it stays clear.

soaked it.

Ya I soaked it for 2+ weeks and also boiled it when I first got it for 2-3 hours... I honestly thought by now it would be done leeching the tannis but unfortunately not yet but I want to it 2 be presentable my finace doesn't like it much clouded which is fine by me but was wonder what my strategy should be, I have an amazon variety I think trying to form on one of the pieces but easly removed, I thknk I also have 3 pieces of malyasian driftwood, I purchased all from drforstersandsmith.com and thoroughly impressed. Also thanks a ton for the speedy response just joined this site!!!!

No problem at all. I'm wondering if your tank is doing a mini cycle what are your tank parameters for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate? I have Malaysian and mopani and mine never clouded or turned color.

I had the same issue with mine in my 55 and I found myself doing daily 50% PWC for 2 weeks and then I bought PURIGEN to put in my filter and CARBON...whalahhhhhaaaa I wish I had did that at first and it would have saved me so much time and water...crystal clear and has been for 3 weeks now....here is the link ...good luck
Aquarium Chemical Filter Media: Seachem Purigen

Back
Top Bottom