damsel yes or no?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rncarter

Aquarium Advice Freak
I saw a 2.5inches damsel at the LFS. But was told it can be aggressive should I get for my tank. Current tank mates are percula clowns, yellow tang, and algae goby

I think it would be fine. So you only have 3 fish now? Then it should not be an issue.

Damsels are good beginner type fish as they are very hardy but three versions I have had in the past became very aggressive and territorial even in my 75. The Domino, Yellow Tail and Convict (black and white striped) were the three I had at any one point in time. I had to finally turn them back into the LFS as they were really beating up the other more timid fish.

In a 90 you have the room but I wouldn't have more than one or two at most. That gives them 45 gallons of "space" apiece :)

Yah if its not in first and not too big a tank of that size would be more than good to add hime

i bought one when i was really new, it nearly killed my 2 clowns!! took him back

Back
Top Bottom