Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It sounds like you guys will eat anything that walks,swims or flies by your house,.... Neighbors beware!

Just received my long awaited canister from brs,...unlike the units that came with the system , you can actually feel the o ring compressing when you slowly screw it down,...I guess I'll really find out for sure when it's time to change out the filters., but so far it's looking promising

Last edited:
Just received my long awaited canister from brs,...unlike the units that came with the system , you can actually feel the o ring compressing when you slowly screw it down,...I guess I'll really find out for sure when it's time to change out the filters., but so far it's looking promising
Awesome. Glad it's finally settled. How's Scruffy?

Re scruffy,.. He's doing remarkably well considering what his backsides looked like ! .. Built terrier tough !!! Lol,... Thanks for the thoughts !!!
Good to hear. My mom has a couple Jack Russells and one previously so I'm rather familiar with the breed. Quite the little characters lol.

I agree us all being animal lovers, got an African grey, aquariums and dogs. Would do anything for em, even give them my sushi leftovers lol. Oh and rescues are the best dogs.
Glad he's back and all is better.

Thanks., yes, scruffy was a animal shelter rescue dog ., twelve years ago without my knowledge my mom, brother and his wife searched every animal shelter in san diego for months looking for a jack Russell for me., one day they got a call from one of the shelters that a two year old wired hair jack Russell came in., they sped down there to get any paper work started to become first in line., then one day they drove up and said hop in ., i remember saying where the hell are we going? They said to go get you your dog.... Huh?..That was twelve years ago and he's been my best friend and constant companion ever since ,every one says it was just one of those things that was just meant to be....i agree !
I guess being aquarium owners we all share the love of trying our best to making the best environment / home for our pets.

Last edited:
Scruffy is doing great and he gets his cone if shame off tomorrow.., don't ask me how i know this but don't try and drink a bottle of beer wearing the dogs cone., you'll have trust me on this one ., lol..nothing new going on with the tank at all so i just took a few pictures of some corals just to let you know that i still have a tank up and running :)ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390510076.115294.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390510100.318693.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390510126.086715.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390510144.935773.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390510165.019939.jpg

Lookin good Dary! Colors are amazing.
Glad Scruffy is getting out of the cone. He looks like a sweetie.
My dock diving dog Rango gets to go to the Kansas City Boat Show Sunday to do some indoor jumping for spectators. His best jump so far is over 20'ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390510707.267730.jpg

Lookin good Dary! Colors are amazing.
Glad Scruffy is getting out of the cone. He looks like a sweetie.
My dock diving dog Rango gets to go to the Kansas City Boat Show Sunday to do some indoor jumping for spectators. His best jump so far is over 20'

Thank you Greg .., we'll be all pulling for "Rango" to beat his own record on sunday ! Btw , ..that was an amazing video of him jumping you posted awhile back !!

My wife is a dog agility champion. I actually like the dock diving best. Rangos mom which my wife trained, has been a Purina and AKC champion for a number of years.

On a fish note, a big grove of waving hand I have is mysteriously dying back while all surrounding corals are thriving. Some of the blue mushrooms are also disappearing. Both of these things don't bother me too much as those soft corals needed to be thinned anyway. It is just interesting how these colonies can deteriorate while everything else thrives.

I hate when that happens. When I had the 300 running, I suddenly lost all of my birdsnests. Hystrix and Caliendrum as well. Acropora, Millepora, and Montipora all were fine. I grew them from tiny frags into softball sized colonies, then lost them in just a few days.

I hate when that happens. When I had the 300 running, I suddenly lost all of my birdsnests. Hystrix and Caliendrum as well. Acropora, Millepora, and Montipora all were fine. I grew them from tiny frags into softball sized colonies, then lost them in just a few days.

Did you ever figure out what happened to cause the die off ? That's gotta really suck losing everything like that.

Back
Top Bottom