Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hondatek said:
Ok thanks I'll just see how they want me to set it up when I get it then make a thread about what filters to use to get the most life out of my di resin and better output. I saw a post one time by I think his name is cmor about what filters to put where to get the most out if it but I can't find the thread. Yes the only bad thing is i won't have an excuse to go to the Lfs every week lol

I think what ever you have or get is better than lugging water around!!! .... I don't get a very long life out of my brs DI resin but it's only like $10-12 for a refill,..heck I spend that for a refill for myself at the liquor store.

Sqasnatch said:
Sorry, inappropriate

Nah, it was pretty funny,,,I actually gave up all the hard stuff especially tequila after my fortieth b'day ,..thats when i went outside the next morning and found half my birthday cake up in a tree,...i figured that " was my sign" lol,..but that's a different story and a former life,..now it's just calm ,peaceful ol' Dary sipping a beer or having a glass of red wine.
On the aquarium front for today,..I'm getting in some ricordea mushrooms, my favorites but also the ones I find the hardest for me to get growing properly,...I'm just going to place them here and there and see what develops,.i also have another small bubble coral coming in with a bunch of nassarius snails which I'm hoping will bury themselves quickly so the trigger fish doesn't have a field day ,I just might wait until night fall when mr trigger is napping before I put them in ,... It'll be a fun afternoon.

Last edited:
Sounds great. Have your ever considered putting in some Yuma mushrooms? Maybe you already have them.. They are pretty cool. There is also another, more expensive mushroom called st. Something mushroom. I forget, Maybe francis.

Ricordeas seem to do really well in dirty water. Those with clean water often have a heard time to get them to grow. I've seen some really nice ricordea gardens tho

needmorecowbell said:
Sounds great. Have your ever considered putting in some Yuma mushrooms? Maybe you already have them.. They are pretty cool. There is also another, more expensive mushroom called st. Something mushroom. I forget, Maybe francis.

I do have a Yuma or two in there somewhere,... There's so many rocks in the tank it's easy to lose track of'em ,...my hairy lavender mushroom colony is starting to multiply and is slowly starting to climb up a rock face ,..pretty neat to see.

Jlsardina said:
Ricordeas seem to do really well in dirty water. Those with clean water often have a heard time to get them to grow. I've seen some really nice ricordea gardens tho

Jodie,...are you saying you have a dirty tank and can grow me a beautiful ricordea garden ? Lol,..hmmmm,.,sure wish they would go bananas for me... Maybe I'll throw one in my sump and see if it'll grow in there.

Jlsardina said:

Is that what it is? I love the look of Ricordia, and they will stay alive for years, but slowly get smaller and smaller until they are gone.
My Lavender hairy's on the other hand reproduce like crazy!! Had some for a long time and over time, they've probably quintupled. Even though I've traded about 20 in, I've got them everywhere, it's actually a bit of a problem, and they are very hard to remove from any prime real estate. I cut them, it comes back, mutilate it.... Don't know what else to try. Ohh well.
Good luck with the Rics Dary.

Dary421 said:
Jodie,...are you saying you have a dirty tank and can grow me a beautiful ricordea garden ? Lol,..hmmmm,.,sure wish they would go bananas for me... Maybe I'll throw one in my sump and see if it'll grow in there.

Lol. No dirty tank here. I just got mine big. Lol. The sump is a good idea tho

Flreefer said:
Is that what it is? I love the look of Ricordia, and they will stay alive for years, but slowly get smaller and smaller until they are gone.
My Lavender hairy's on the other hand reproduce like crazy!! Had some for a long time and over time, they've probably quintupled. Even though I've traded about 20 in, I've got them everywhere, it's actually a bit of a problem, and they are very hard to remove from any prime real estate. I cut them, it comes back, mutilate it.... Don't know what else to try. Ohh well.
Good luck with the Rics Dary.

Thanks,.....Sounds exactly like my tank....:-/

I thought the same thing about the piggyback membrane! Great minds think alike!

Although mine is still sitting on the table waiting to be installed. LOL

I really have got to get motivated and get that thing together so I can tell you guys if it works well. lol

All I know is you have to take the unit down off the wall for installation, why i haven't done mine yet.

carey said:
I thought the same thing about the piggyback membrane! Great minds think alike!

Although mine is still sitting on the table waiting to be installed. LOL

I really have got to get motivated and get that thing together so I can tell you guys if it works well. lol

All I know is you have to take the unit down off the wall for installation, why i haven't done mine yet.

According to my ups update ,I should have mine by Friday ,.. So , if motivated enough ,I should have it up and running by my next pwc,...sounds like it should work just fine .., and yes , great minds ,ah ,..um ,.what to they do again? ??? .

needmorecowbell said:
Lol wish I had that problem. The only thing growing fast in my tank is my stylophora and bryopsis :(

Kind of a strange combination ,...but at least they're growing!

Lol I guess about the stylo.. Bryopsis is a bad, bad thing to have. I'll probably be picking it out for the rest of the tanks life.

How's the magnet cleaner working for you? My magfloat is starting to bump corals and I don't want to frag

needmorecowbell said:
Lol I guess about the stylo.. Bryopsis is a bad, bad thing to have. I'll probably be picking it out for the rest of the tanks life.

How's the magnet cleaner working for you? My magfloat is starting to bump corals and I don't want to frag

The hammerhead magnet cleaner rocks !!! ,... It'll bump rocks etc too,.But.although rather pricey,it's awesome!!!

The new blue / green ricordeas are in the tank ! The new bubble coral and frogspawn are still floating in their little bowl trying to get acclimated to their new home.... Kind of exciting around here ,at least for me

Attachments

• image-471500307.jpg
    image-471500307.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 123
  • image-3831644504.jpg
    image-3831644504.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 116
Back
Top Bottom