DD 24g 100 Litre Nano cube!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah ok good. Hope the block isn't to big. =) If your algae problem continues, I'd suggest to cut down on the feeding and/or lights.

AquaRick said:
Ah ok good. Hope the block isn't to big. =) If your algae problem continues, I'd suggest to cut down on the feeding and/or lights.

The block is tiny! I'm not sure how much each one is but the pack is only 100g and there's suppose to be 36 feeds in it??? It also says to feed up to 6 times a day which I agree with being way too much! My main lights are only on 8 hrs and that's tops I've been told, timers switch them all on and off! Replacing with the blue LED'S for an hr and a half each side of the main bulbs?

8 hours seems good. If the blue led's are moonlights (odds are they are) you can keep them on all night to give your tank some light at night.

AquaRick said:
8 hours seems good. If the blue led's are moonlights (odds are they are) you can keep them on all night to give your tank some light at night.

Yea they are moon lights! Thanks for your comments

You can also keep the moonlights on 24hours a day if you want. I didn't feel like adding another timer to my moonlight so I have mine running all day. Using the moonlight all night helps coax some fish out of hiding and keeps them swimming around your tank. I think I like my tank more at night than during the day.

AquaRick said:
You can also keep the moonlights on 24hours a day if you want. I didn't feel like adding another timer to my moonlight so I have mine running all day. Using the moonlight all night helps coax some fish out of hiding and keeps them swimming around your tank. I think I like my tank more at night than during the day.

Lol love my tank at night some of the corals glow green and it looks well cool!!! Think it's a waste though keeping the lights on all night! Everything seems pretty active anyway during the day lights!

Definitely agree! The moonlights are very weak lights and don't do anything but lightly illuminate your tank for your viewing pleasure. Does nothing for the fish and/or corals from a biologic standpoint. Definitely changes their behavior and brings them out though. I think my moonlight LEDs run on 5 watts total. It's like a few cents a day to keep em on. Too lazy to do anything about it.

what are the timers and moon lights? i have the same tank and my lights are super bright and i have to turn them on myself

qb6fire said:
what are the timers and moon lights? i have the same tank and my lights are super bright and i have to turn them on myself

Just any old timer will work I use the ones which you push up and down if that makes sense as for moonlights I got an LED blue strip from my LFS. you have built in moon lights however I don't use those as I thought them to not be bright enough? If you want to still use those you will unfortunately have to switch your main lights on and off without using a timer! :0(

Quick update for you guys:
Ca at 400, KH at 8.4, Mg 1400
Im unsure as to whether I work out how much to dose on a daily or weekly basis???
What do you guys use or do to keep your levels right and how often do you look at them???
I'm thinking because my top 3 haven't dropped so much over the last 4 days I could get away with dosing weekly???

Just come back from my LFS with a new electric flame scallop, some Red sea reef energy parts A&B, some Red sea N03:p04-X and some oxygen tonic which will battle my Cyno that is taking over the tank!
As for water tests there pretty much where they need to be so we haven't wasted too much time on doing them all! Here's what we did do though:
SG: 1.025 PH: 7.8 KH: 7.9 N03: 10 P04 0.01
Going to dose up my tank with my KH, MG and Ca reef foundations then I'm going to dose daily with these with Mg being 1ml Ca being 1ml and KH being 2ml
I'm also dosing both A&B reef energy 1ml a day and 1ml of N03:p04-X
10 litre water change today also!
Will update some better photos of the tank and scollop (which I've happily called Animal for obvious reasons which you will see later!)

I like the scallop! Hopefully he stays out for you. Scallops in general tend to like low light. I see mine from time to time in and under the rockscape.

qb6fire said:
What pump are you running and were is it placed?

I'm unsure to be honest and it's in the last compartment in the back I'd have to pull it all out to have a look and I've done everything I've needed to do today with the tank today! Will let you know next week when I complete my water change etc! Sorry :0)

AquaRick said:
I like the scallop! Hopefully he stays out for you. Scallops in general tend to like low light. I see mine from time to time in and under the rockscape.

Thanks AquaRick! He's well cool and his blue flashes are awesome! He and the corals are all shut up after dosing the tank with an oxygen tonic to combat the Cyno out break I've had! Hopefully later once the water settles he will decide on a place to hang out!

Animal3625 said:
I'm unsure to be honest and it's in the last compartment in the back I'd have to pull it all out to have a look and I've done everything I've needed to do today with the tank today! Will let you know next week when I complete my water change etc! Sorry :0)

Ok thank you i got a maxi jet 900 but cant seem to pit it back there idk ha

Back
Top Bottom