DD 24g 100 Litre Nano cube!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
qb6fire said:
Ok thank you i got a maxi jet 900 but cant seem to pit it back there idk ha

Ouch that's gotta hurt! Maybe get one that fits the size of the compartment! There's plenty out there! Once I know what mine is il let you know!

I got the pump in there injust need the tubing for it and a new elbow for the return flow thingy

qb6fire said:
I got the pump in there injust need the tubing for it and a new elbow for the return flow thingy

You can pick them up in any good LFS or even a plumbers merchant just obviously you need the correct sizes! Glad you got one to fit though!

Just a quick update for you guys!
Returned from work early so thought of doing a quick water test on KH, Ca & Mg here's the results
KH: 8.4
Ca: 430
Mg: 1360
So it's pretty much perfect for where my LFS has told me to be!
My daily dosing of 1ml Mg, 2ml KH and 1ml of Ca supplements seem to be working, it's really quick and easy so would defiantly recommend it!

06/04/2012- PH 8 SG 1.024
11/04/12 KH 9.5 Ca 450 Mg 1320
Just a quick update for you guys after getting home early from work i decided to do my usual KH, Ca & Mg water tests my Ca & Mg are all fine however my KH seems to be very high, i do not have a PH test kit to hand so am unable to do one to see what that is like, im also unsure as to whether my test was actually correctly done??? i did do it 3 times with all varying results all high though!!!!
I will speak with my LFS tommorrow and will get back to you guys with what he says, any suggestions this end would be great

Heya guys,
A big update for you today, just got back from my LFS and we completed full water tests they are as follows:
Temp: 24
SG: 1.025
PH: 7.6
KH: 9.2
Ca: 470
Mg: 1320
N03: 0.75-1
P04: 0.015
So I've put in 35ml of Red Sea reef foundation C to buffer my Mg 1ml each of Coraline grow and Ca, we decided on no water change this week, I have to water test again tomorrow to see if we've corrected the Mg and PH so will let you know the results!
I also purchased the Red Sea Algae test kit (N-N03 & P-P04) and the Red Sea PH & KH test kit that gives me now the opportunity to fully test everything in my water! (ok it was a little expensive buying the lots but will pay off in the long run)
A few new corals have been purchased as well!
Not sure if I mentioned last week but I also got a flame/electric Scollop along with a couple of corals! Will update with photos soon!
Will also let you know how my water is getting on tomorrow after another full water test!

Attachments

• image-2705407725.jpg
    image-2705407725.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 102
Nu-Nu the eel said:
Looks great! What is the coral in pic 3? Looks crazyyy :) haha tank looks very established :D

Thanks dude, It's a sea whip/Gorgonian you wouldn't think the tank was only 10 weeks old lol!!!

Hahah you are right about how expensive it gets. I mean the livestock itself burns a hole in your pocket! :( what is your stock list? What fish is next? :)

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Hahah you are right about how expensive it gets. I mean the livestock itself burns a hole in your pocket! :( what is your stock list? What fish is next? :)

Next fish is a mandarin and a pipe fish that's it then! I'm not putting in anymore than 4 fish as its too small really for anything else! (And before I get loads of comments about putting a mandarin and a pipe fish in yes I'm waiting for my pods to establish as putting them in weekly and I've got a set up breeding them) the mandarin and pipefish are still a few weeks away from going in yet though! I was going through what I had spent so far and it's best part of £600 lol, I've got best part of £150 worth of test kits and supplements alone :0)

Back
Top Bottom