Dead corals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bioteacher

Aquarium Advice Freak
A couple days ago I switched out a trickle filter for a new sump that I had built. My bright idea was to move some of the old sand to he sump and put new sand in the dt. I just scooped some of the sand out and got a massive storm of detritus in my tank. Had an ammonia spike that my corals did not appreciate. This all happened on Wednesday. My Kenya tree still looks like the photo today on Sunday. The ammonia is back down to 0. No nitrites either. A lot of the corals still looked stressed but they are showing signs of life. Zoas and ricordia are still clinched but they are opening up more and more and still have color. Wondering how long I give the Kenya tree before calling it a loss and getting it out of there. Also my monti appears bleached. It is supposed to be green. It is all white. It does not secrete slime when you touch it and it always has.

Man... That sucks. You can't just disturb an established sandbed. It doesn't work :(. I hope your corals get better.

Back
Top Bottom