Dead guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AJStaples

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I have a edge 6 gal. I set it up like a month ago. I put two plants in it. And I put in 3 guppies. They were doing well. I wanted something else in there too , so I got two ghost shrimp and a long body snail. 3 days after my guppies all died same day. I got the snail and shrimp from the same tank the guppies used to live at the store. Also, I'm very new to this. How do I care for plants. Even my plants seem to be dying. Advise me pls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you quarantine your ghost shrimp and snail you got? Your new guys may have given your guppies something and died... :( I am sorry about them. What type of plants did you get? Depending on what plants you got it will depend on the amount of light they need to survive. If you can post a picture and then tell me the name I can help you further. :) Hope this helps. :)

These are the plants. I'm not sure the name. I didn't save the tag. I'm nervous to put fish in here again. I think I'm going to quarantine the snail and shrimps in a small 2.5 gal and then cycle this tank. Can I cycle it with live plants in there?
image-2021782836.jpg

What I would do is take a picture of these plants and go to your local fish store. They may be able to tell you what happened to your guppys and they can tell you what kind of lighting you need. Sorry I could not help you more but that would be your best bet I think. Sorry :(

Back
Top Bottom