Dead tiger barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

agentamalia

Aquarium Advice Freak
Woke up this morning to one of my tiger barbs dead :( I tested the water and my nitrite was a little high I did a pwc so hoping the rest will be ok

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Your Tank

Woke up this morning to one of my tiger barbs dead :( I tested the water and my nitrite was a little high I did a pwc so hoping the rest will be ok

Hello agent...

Aquarium fish need clean water conditions. If you're not removing and replacing half the tank water every few days, you should consider doing it. Barbs like their water a bit warmer than other species. A constant 80 degrees is best. Feed them a good diet that includes a variety of frozen foods. Sally's San Fran is a good product. Plant their tank well with Cabomba. Heavily planted tanks make the fish feel more secure.

You'll need strong light for the Cabomba.

B

Tell us your other tank mates, it could help deciding what has happened.

5 zebra danios and 2 tiger barbs

Tiger barbs need to be in a school oh at least 5... Without their friends they get depressed and can also pick on each other because they are bored.

Also what size tank are these fish in? I would hope at least 20 gallons. Barbs are highly active and need room to swim!

Ok 1. I will answer your questions when I have time I'm a mother so I don't just sit on this app constantly. 3. It's a 20g long the store didn't tell me the amount of fish I should have in the group

Ok 1. I will answer your questions when I have time I'm a mother so I don't just sit on this app constantly. 3. It's a 20g long the store didn't tell me the amount of fish I should have in the group

no one is expecting a extremely quick response, we understand people have lives and know it takes time. acknowledgment of the question would be nice and at least let us know you understand.

Also, you shouldn't rely on the fish store for anything other than fish. They will try to up sell you on everything and anything. you should do your own research.

If I could acknowledge I would reply lol. I had never had tiger barbs before everything I saw said at least 3 so that's what I had.

ill make you a checklist,

- get a test kit
- do research
-ensure a cycled tank
- more research
-research
-R e S e A r C h more
- make informed purchase.

i would start researching on fish for your tank size

I did all that lol apparently not enough research tho

In that tank start with something simpler. I recommend starting with 5 Molly, they are colorful and relatively lower problems than other fish. Very good starter fish.

I have another tank with 6 platies and they are doing great so if agree there

I used to have mollies but got some platies instead lol

i used to have platies, had them breeding too haha... actually i still have one blue mickey mouse platy... lovely little guys.

Back
Top Bottom