Decorating ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexthefishguy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
IMG_20180311_153503147.jpg

As you can see I have a 29 gallon freshwater tropical community aquarium with a gourami, angel fish, skirt tetras, and a couple of mollies. I have had this same exact set up for many months and I am looking for a new look without buying more decorations. Any ideas on what to change our move in the aquarium?

Anything about moving decorations around or even moving plants or the air Stone?

I think changing the background is going to make a huge difference. Since your not interested in buying more stuff...

Well I just recently bought this background. Would you have any tips on like where to put certain plants by their size and the ornaments in a certain place.

Sorry no. The background is so busy it’s hard to make out anything in the tank. Maybe it’s the pic but I can’t really make any other recommendations.

I really think TMaier is giving solid advise. You'll be amazed how much more your fish will pop with a black background. I say give it a try. It'll cost $5-$10 and if you don't like it you can go back to the one you have, but I doubt you would.

I was skeptical of using a solid background/painted tank for a long time. After giving it a try, I'd never do anything different.

Is there anybody else with any ideas.
The lighter color deco in the back I'd bring to the front center. Anything lighter color. Think it will give the tank and back ground more of a 3D image. And move the darker deco to the back. Just a thought.

Good call on not spending any more on decorations . One more vote on the background. Yes you just bought it , still it is the biggest distraction and moving things around not going to make much difference at all. If it makes you feel better I too have some $ sunk into background I no longer use.
Solid painted background is the simplest thing to do that provides most impact. Just my 0.02
good luck

Back
Top Bottom