Decoration ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

josh7

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have like 2 caves and 2 large fake plants but I meet to make about 3 or more large caves any idea on what to do. Could I use rock? Or maybe clay pots idk all ideas are appreciated

Sone people use clay pots. Use tge none glazed or u can silicone some slate to make caves. I have also seen pvc coverd in sand.

I would also like to add something to my tank. I know theres some kind of glaze ir something that im suppose to put over my item but idk what it is. Any info would be great help.

Piece together a few bits of driftwood? My catfish loves it.

Driftwood would be awesome can you tie it together or do you have to silicone them?

I don't think using silicone on driftwood would last as the wood degrades over time and the parts of the wood the silicone adheres to will eventually break apart. You would do well to tie pieces together with fishing line, or even screw together. Screws are made of iron & carbon, sometimes coated in zinc. one or two screws into the wood will hold for years and won't harm your fish.

Alright that sounds cool and can I use any hardwood I find at like a lake? Or does it have to be store bought?

I lean mine securley on one another but you have to get slightly different pieces of driftwood for this to work. Below are the best pics i have of my tank setup. They have their own terrotories so i get away with a few different spieces that would normally fight in 1 area.

Attachments

• image-2858334160.jpg
    image-2858334160.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 61
  • image-4083006756.jpg
    image-4083006756.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 60
That's awesome looking I think I will definitley be putting some driftwood in. But can I get it from a lake if its hardwood and I boil it?

Mine was just carefully picked from a local store and I soaked overnight in a bucket.

What is it you are trying ti add lady

I have a skull that was made for a fish tank but i have painted it now like a sugar skull. I know im suppose to paint some kind of coating/glaze but idk what kind.

I have a skull that was made for a fish tank but i have painted it now like a sugar skull. I know im suppose to paint some kind of coating/glaze but idk what kind.

This is the skull but i still have more work to do with it.

ForumRunner_20130314_020758.jpg

Back
Top Bottom