Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm, I might add to the wish list after all. Still have two young yoyo's left. Tempted to do a fish store visit tomorrow.

Package of ferts and the betta auto-feeder turned up I think. Checking out new fish packages now :)

Last edited:
74564-albums13177-picture70948.jpg

Last edited:
That is a really good shot, Delapool. Your plants and colors and textures are really lush, and the fish are all out to show off.

Very Nice!!!

Thanks! It's really hard not to have bright light reflecting off top plants (even turning off a few lights lol). But thought to snap this before a water change.

Did water change, then started on left side to prune plants but got lost in the jungle so now I have an excellent view of the filter and have to tackle behind the plane next weekend still lol.

Anubias is doing well but the rock keeps getting knocked by fish so shifted that to right side and glued rock. Bit shady there so thinning right side of tank on job list next weekend.

Lost the grass plants I think. Traffic too high. Glued one buce and shifted other to wedge in above canister outlet pipes to see if it will pick up in higher light (and away hopefully from fish).

:) Been a bit of time lol. I spent an hour or so on Monday thinning plants again so now it looks like a bad haircut. If the family disappear for a day I'd like to pull all the plants out and re-plant them a bit more orderly.

Tested the copper test kit in pool and finally got a reading of about 0.25ppm or slightly higher (tap water 0) from the algaecide blocks. The blurb on the algaecide blocks says it doses to about 2ppm so not sure if my test reading should be higher or the copper is getting absorbed somewhere. But happy to get a reading - yay!

Well, slightly embarrassing. CO2 ran out so got the second bottle. Except it's empty :(

So either it leaked over summer or I paid for an empty bottle.

74564-albums14486-picture71073.gif

Hopefully the picture makes sense. Looking at a tank re-do buying some more plants and using some existing ones. Any ideas welcome.

Thinking of a front hedge of narrow leaf Java Fern, back-Right side will be crypts mainly, back-Left side will have red and green stem plants. Back behind central ornament will be aponogetons (this is the flowing one I have that gets 2ft leaves). Around the central ornament - maybe some swords?

Trying to make this more plantation style rather than a jungle. Specific areas for each plant and not so crowded (hopefully). No fine leaf or plants that spread by runners (will miss the val but not the ambulia!). And less work as well (if such a thing is possible).

Same old tank :)( ) so 4ft x 2ft x 2.5ft high and high tech light/CO2.

My Java gets pretty tall. Maybe yours will stay low enough to keep from obscurity the view. Otherwise it looks like a great plan. Plane in the center of course.

Back
Top Bottom