Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I suck at measuring. Here are some pics of mine with a Coke can for scale. Both of these pieces are attached to wood underneath so I tried to get pics where the rhizome is. IMG_8304.jpgIMG_8302.jpgIMG_8303.jpg

My guess is 6-8 inches?

I've got some narrow leaf that is around 7 inches high but I'm not sure it will survive. Might have enough to get going again. The regular leaf has gotten to a foot high but that I think will be too high for foreground. The aponogetons I hope to get in a few weeks from a local - I'll grab them for sure. I'll look into the windelov variety as well. That sounds ideal as the narrow leaf I have is a little big really.

Pretty crappo at moment but this is the narrow leaf Java Fern at front of tank. It got thinned about a month back, hit with treatment, etc. Hoping the chain(?) sword behind it survives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your regular java looks a lot like mine. Makes me mad. Lol. I got lots of plantlets but...look like crap

Your regular java looks a lot like mine. Makes me mad. Lol. I got lots of plantlets but...look like crap

Yes, I think regular is too high at front and I hate when the broad leaves melt or brown off a bit as the leaves are so darn tough to pull off. Never done a double treatment of furan 2 in main tank before and it really has wrecked just about all the plants. On the plus side it's making the redo easier...

Went off to shop to check out plants and came back with more than I thought. As usual I've got to go back to find out the names but did get some more crypts. Cleaned just about all the plants out of the tank, added root tabs and sorted through what I wanted to keep. Was going ok, tank a little murky but pretty quick on mainly getting the narrow leaf Java Fern cleaned up for re-planting.

The melon sword has taken a turn for the worse but left it in there in case it comes back.

74564-albums13177-picture71090.jpg

Then I thought I'd remove the crypt at back of tank I'd seen a leaf poking out. Turned out there there was a jungle at the back and almost fell into tank trying to get them and their long roots out of tank. This also made the water murky as clay tabs were pulled up.

Removed most water from tank and got the glue out to make sure some driftwood doesn't shift. Must of been several hours at this point. I used the gravel vac over the top inch of gravel and cleaned up a fair bit of muck so that was good to get rid of.

74564-albums13177-picture71091.jpg

Into re-planting. Mild panic that all the plants I wanted wouldn't fit in but I think ok. Managed to keep a small space for stem plants. The water was still pretty murky so I'm hoping it will clear tomorrow so I can see what I actually did.

74564-albums13177-picture71092.jpg

Good luck there, tearing up the tanks is always a gamble. Unless you are Fresh2O and then it looks near perfect every time, lol!!!

I have had nothing but problems with those Melon Swords too. Tried 2 killed 2 - batting a thousand!

Good luck there, tearing up the tanks is always a gamble. Unless you are Fresh2O and then it looks near perfect every time, lol!!!

I have had nothing but problems with those Melon Swords too. Tried 2 killed 2 - batting a thousand!
Or caliban lol

I just added some to my Big Daddy orb a few weeks ago. It's tied to a lava rock. It's my first time with it to see how it does.

Thanks! - might get some lava rock to hedge my bets.

Bad headache today.

This is the ladder - almost fell into the bucket once!

Lol [emoji23]

Anyone grown bolbitis (African water Fern) in gravel? Debating on getting some wood for it (probably will since it's an expensive experiment).

Pretty knackered today from climbing up and down ladder but I've got to adjust some plants yet.

https://aquaticmag.com/aquarium-plants/bolbitis-heudelotii-caresheet/

I have had a piece fall off it's DW and it just sat there but rooted into the soil. The branch where the leaves come out stayed above ground.

There is a very fabulous dwarf Bolbitis, our lfs calls Baby Leaf Bolbitis and I think they will plant it. Think...? But it is really an awesome looking plant. I was told they get it in at the lfs seasonally, whatever that means.

Thanks for the info - I'll leave everything where it is for now. Run it as a bit of an experiment and see what grows.

Tank is still clearing. I adjusted a few plants and checked I left some room at back for more Aponogetons.

And it looks pretty boring. Most of the Java Fern has cleaned up ok and should go fine as a front hedge. Hopefully will have some progress in a month.

Back: Aponogeton Crispus.
Back: Bolbitis heudelotii (African Water Fern).

Front: Java Fern (narrow leaf).
Middle: Anubias (Petite).
Middle: Bucephalandra (Wavy Leaf).

Right: Cryptocorine Balansae.
Right: Crypts (assorted).
Right: Melon Sword ???

Left: Crypts (assorted).
Left: Ludwigia Reopens (Rubra).
Left: Hygrophila corymbosa (Giant Hygro).
Left: Marble Sword

74564-albums13177-picture71097.jpg

Back
Top Bottom