Dendrophilia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madstyle1

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i recently got this dendro and for a week he was doing great.

And for the last 12 hours he looked like the other picture. None of the tentacles are out. He lookes empty. All my other corals are doing fine. So im not sure whats up. Im hoping its nothing big. I havent change anything on my tank.
Ca - 450
Alk - 10
Mag - 1350
Nitrates - 0.02
Po4- 0

Attachments

• 20160317_145307.jpg
    20160317_145307.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 20160321_064354.jpg
    20160321_064354.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 93
I feed it once a week with reef roids. I just found out that i should be feeding it more. I wasnt aware of that. Im thinking maybe it maybe too close to the sandbed as well. This morning i fed it phyto feast but ill try to feed it some mysis too. Im just hoping its not dead or dying.

I'd say it is mad from not eating. It is normal as well to be closed during the day and open at night, so see if this is the case. Make sure that you are feeding it a chunk of food, liquids won't do it for them. I'd stick with the mysis.

Being an nps coral is definitely feed it more often. I feed mine every other day with mysis or larger meaty foods. When I first got it it would stay closed most of the day like your pic shows.

However, once I got on a feeding schedule with it it stays open all day now.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

hes doing alot better now. fully extended and always willing to eat

Back
Top Bottom