Devils and leather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JJ-MIK

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought one the other day and in order to get it where I wanted it I had to cut the very bottom of the stalk off. It was attached to small rock pieces... My question is. Will that little chunk. Regrow? I cut off maybe half an inch.. I put it in my main display.. Just wondering what it will do.. Should I keep it in low light. Or put it were I want it to grow if it will grow?...

Good possibility for new growth. Takes awhile to heal I would keep it on the bottom for a few weeks then move it.

Devils hand is laying on its side barely attached.. Will it stand itself back up? I just got it 2 weeks ago and I kept standing it up and it will just roll itself back over. It's in high light and high flow like it wants..

Devils hand is laying on its side barely attached.. Will it stand itself back up? I just got it 2 weeks ago and I kept standing it up and it will just roll itself back over. It's in high light and high flow like it wants..

You have to acclimate it to your lighting and flow if it came from another tank with dif flow and lights

I need some advice on my devils hand!!!! No matter what I do it just lays on its side... I tried all positions in my tank.. Few polyps come out. But it just lays down.now it has some green ooze coming from its center area... . Moved it to a shade spot and it came up.. Just to lay on the other side..... What the heck do I do??? I've had it over 3 months

Hey. I had my crown leather coral do a similar thing. Two things to note: patience is key and sometimes corals don't always sit the way you want. My crown leather took 3 weeks to open all the way and then stand up and then a few months later it shed its out layer and did more or less the same thing. If your params are fine and it's in more or less the area you want it I'd leave it be for a while. Once it gets comfortable and it isn't quite right you can try and move it then

Thanks! It was partially open but leaning on its side only the top polyps were open.. A month sitting in one spot.. I moved the power head and it started leaning more and closed up.. I moved it out of the current and it folded all the way over and started oozing green. So I put it in the shade and it Completly flipped to the other side.. My LEDs are 12000k. Kelvin reading in the middle where it was is around 9000..

Well my devils hand detached and full upside down on the sand. So I put a rock under him and left him at the bottom...

Back
Top Bottom